Web Designer/Front End Developer
Desert Lab Studio LLC is seeking a self-motivated, self-starting, and determined professional for our design team, working out of our Tucson headquarters. The purpose of this position is to create and design standout user experiences with our products and for custom customer projects. You will be part of a team and be responsible for turning a design or technical specification into reality. This position is expected to work with prepress, web, UI/UX, and web application design projects.
We are evaluating all levels of candidates for this position. If you are new to this career path, but have passion, want to work hard, learn, and bring a good attitude – please apply. If you are a seasoned UX developer with development experience, let us see if our dynamic team is a good fit.
- Follow approved design patterns to implement intelligent designs
- Brainstorm and mockup design ideas
- Project and follow budgets and schedules as mandated by project managers
- Execute designs using Adobe Creative Cloud software, and Visual Studio
- Practice usability testing and design refinement
- Work with others to finalize production (such as printers, programmers, developers, or other technicians)
- Contribute to all aspects of the project life cycle, including design, development, testing, and support
- Handle criticism and rejection positively and constructively
- Demonstrate a willingness to work outside traditional designer roles
- Provide a solid portfolio of design and/or illustration work
- Exhibit proficiency in Adobe CC software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Must pass a background check
- Local Tucson applicants only—no relocation packages available
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Experience as a Front-End Developer or UX Designer a tremendous plus
- Skills in animation or video production
- Skills in 3D rendering
- Skills in Search Engine Optimization and Internet Marketing
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze and translate complex business processes
- Effective in a team environment as well as working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of collaboration, team participation, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, group planning, and decision-making processes
Desert Lab Studio, LLC is a privately held product incubation company that employs a creative professional team known for delivering high-end, reliable technology solutions. We leverage skills and best practices honed by years of providing product design, software development, operational support, and professional services to a growing base of products. We also continue to provide application development, web design, hosting, and internet marketing services to external clients. We incubate products. We incubate companies.
Send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.